Values and Ethos
It is the school’s vision that every single young person who joins our school is offered all the opportunities to learn, experience and achieve what they need and want, to build a fulfilled life. This aim extends to our staff team.
Fulbrook stands against all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or ability.
This is achieved through the following objectives:
1. Monitor and promote of the involvement of all groups of students in the extra-curricular life of the school, including leadership opportunities, seeking to ensure proportional representation
2. Actively work to narrow gaps in attainment and achievement between students and all groups of students; especially students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from any minority group
3. Continue to improve accessibility across the school for students, staff and visitors with disabilities, including access to specialist teaching areas – this will be most important in light of school expansion and the building of new facilities
4. Endeavour to ensure diversity in the staff body and in leadership roles
5. Reduce behaviour of racist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic or sexist nature by members of the school community
6. Review relevant school policies to ensure they clearly reflect the school’s aims of inclusivity
N.B. To be reviewed and refined with staff pupils and governors summer 2022 for the academic year 2022-23 and beyond. This will also be done in conjunction with pupils, parents and staff in the Fulbrook pyramid of schools, to have a consistent approach and synergy across policy and procedure.
Every Child Matters
Our vision for Fulbrook is for it to be at the heart of the community, providing a wealth of learning opportunities for our pupils, their families and our staff. We want Fulbrook to be recognised as a school where everyone achieves personal success. Fulbrook is a Values-based, inclusive school, where our principles and beliefs underpin all we do. We wish Fulbrook to remain a happy, caring, safe and stimulating place for all.
Striving for Excellence
Fulbrook is a special and unique place. Visitors to our school often inform us of how struck they are by the disciplined, caring and happy atmosphere that is evident.
Our dedicated, talented staff work hard to inspire and support. Teachers provide vibrant and creative lessons, delivered in purposeful and well resourced classrooms.
Relationships between pupils and teachers are good. As a result, pupils enjoy school and work hard to succeed.
Ofsted, December 2016
Respect, Rewards and Relationships
At Fulbrook Middle School we respect each other and are committed to an ethos in which we work and learn together for success. We actively look for opportunities to celebrate achievement. Courtesy and the consideration for others are essential to our whole school values. An environment in which pupils feel safe and cared for is vital for their learning. We believe that ‘good behaviour leads to good learning’.
My son has been happy and settled at Fulbrook these past three years, and I thank you so much for that. I do believe that Fulbrook is a lovely school with fantastic teachers